If you enter the access code of your iPad incorrectly, you will be notified that the tablet is temporarily locked. But if you do this too often, then you have a bigger problem.
iPad Blocked: That’s How You Solve It
If you have entered the wrong access code on your iPad six times , the device will be blocked. This means you can no longer access your data and you have to erase the iPad first and then get back to work. Unfortunately, there is nothing else than to erase your iPad: Once you have used an incorrect access code too often, you simply can not enter your iPad.
Fortunately, this does not necessarily mean that you have lost all your data. If you have recently made a backup, you can simply restore your data after the recovery process. However, you must first erase the device, which can be done in three ways: via iTunes, iCloud or the recovery mode.
1. Clear device with iTunes
Use this when you have synced your device to iTunes on a regular basis . Connect your iPad with the USB cable to your computer to remove the access code, and follow the steps below.
- Open iTunes and wait for your iPad to sync with the program;
- Then make a backup copy and wait for this process to complete;
- Then click on ‘Restore’ to start the recovery process;
- Wait for a while and choose your backup when you are prompted. Once you have done this, the access code has been removed and you can use your iPad again.
2. Clear Device With iCloud
If you use the ‘Find my iPhone’ function, you can also restore the device with iCloud. You do this by first going to this page and log in here with your Apple ID. Make sure your iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
- If you have logged in on the iCloud page with your Apple ID, click on ‘All devices’ at the top;
- Next you choose the iPad you want to delete, after which you have to confirm your choice by choosing ‘Delete’;
- After this the process starts, where you can choose to set the device as new, or to use a backup copy.
3. Use The Recovery Mode
If you have not synchronized your iPad and you never set up Search my iPhone, you can only use the recovery mode to erase the device. This means that all data and the access code are deleted, so it is not possible to choose a backup copy. Follow the steps below.
- Connect the iPad to your computer via the USB cable and start iTunes;
- If you have connected your iPad, you must force the tablet to restart. You do this by pressing the on / off and home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo;
- Then you see the recovery mode on the screen of your iPad and PC. Then follow the indicated steps to complete the process.